the yew tree
– Protection and defense. the protective hedge
-Eternal Life, renewal, regeneration. (the yew is very long lived and can regenerate from within)
– the world tree, axes around which the world turns. link between the upper and lower worlds.
– life and death. sap that can kill or lead to shamanic initiation.
– the unification of opposites
– shaped into a bow, a weapon of either offense or defense. highly flexible yet strong.
– weak will
– escapism from reality.
– death (its needles, bark and sap are poison)
– endings and closures. the finishing of things.
– protection in the midst of harsh times.
– act now, without delay. be flexible but strong.
— magical Uses:
-protection, toughness and survival.
– finding things
– complete unfinished business. (find closure)
– endurance to achieve ones aims.
– understanding the dynamics of the spirit world. (connection to the Yggdrasil here)
– can bring death to those its drawn against.